With its 20-year track record, SMC is the training expert in the field of negotiation, mediation and conflict management in Singapore and the region. SMC has conducted workshops in countries such as Fiji, Malta, Jordan, China, Myanmar, the Philippines etc. Our workshops are highly rated. For instance, in one workshop for the Ministry of Education, 100% of participants rated it as either excellent or very good.
Our trainers bring with them the best of both worlds — an Asian sensitivity to cultural nuances in mediation and a background in the Harvard model of interest-based negotiations. They use proven teaching methods and hands-on lessons to liven up the classes. SMC runs workshops for organisations in Singapore weekly.
Participate in Dispute Resolution: Strategic Conflict Management for Professionals (Module 1)
Next Course Dates:
23 to 24 August 2017
28 to 29 September 2017
23 to 24 October 2017
20 to 21 November 2017
Registration Fee (Inclusive of GST)
This intensive 2-day workshop offers you an opportunity to better understand the nature of conflicts and learn the latest and most effective techniques to end them. Plus, improve your communication and interpersonal skills. Expect a highly interactive programme via role plays and exercises.
Participants will be equipped with necessary knowledge and skills to Participate In Dispute Resolution.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to perform the following:
- Prepare case to gather support for position
- Participate in dispute resolution processes to achieve desired dispute resolution outcomes
- Reach dispute resolution outcomes that are acceptable to both parties
Who Should Attend
- C-suite executives, professionals, managers and executives who manage fall-outs between members of their organisation or between them and external parties
- Professionals and executives involved in group problem-solving
- Individuals who want to learn dispute resolution strategies they can apply to diverse situations, advancing their professional skills.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT POINTS (CPD)
The Singapore Institute of Legal Education (SILE) has accredited this workshop as follows:
- CPD points for Lawyers: 11.5
- Practice Area: Professional Skills
- Training Category: Foundation
Participants who require CPD points should state their Admission as Advocate and Solicitor Number (AAS No.) on the registration form.
For more information on the SILE’s CPD Scheme, visit: www.sileCPDcentre.sg
The Council for Estate Agencies (CEA) has accredited this workshop as follows:
- CPD Credit Hours: 4 CPD Core Hours
For more information on CEA’s CPD Scheme, visit:
SDF Funding Policy
SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) aims to promote a culture and holistic system of lifelong learning through the pursuit of skills mastery, and strengthen the ecosystem of quality education and training in Singapore. In collaboration with various industries, SSG has developed the Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ), a national credentialing system that is organised by industry sectoral frameworks, and is used to train, develop, assess and recognise individuals for the key competencies that companies look for in potential employees (http://www.ssg.gov.sg/wsq.html).
As an Approved Training Organisation (ATO), the course "Participate in Dispute Resolution: Strategic Conflict Management for Professionals (Module 1)" offered by SMC is accredited under WSQ frameworks on a Full Fee payment type and are subsidised up to 90% by SSG.
Company-sponsored trainees who wish to claim programme funding must comply strictly with the funding guidelines set out in the SSG Terms & Conditions. Placements are limited, and avaialble on a first-come-first-served basis. For more information, please visit: http://www.ssg-wsg.gov.sg.
Company pays training organisation the full course fee amount. Training grant application submitted by the company is routed directly to SSG. Company is responsible to submit the claim to SSG for the training grant upon course completion.
For self-sponsored individuals, please refer to SkillsFuture Credit.
SkillsFuture is a national movement to nudge Singaporeans — self-sponsored individuals 25 years and above — towards lifelong learning and growth. People who attend these programmes may apply their $500 SkillsFuture credit (or any part of it) to offset their course fee. For more information, refer to www.skillsfuture.sg.
SMC ASSOCIATE MEDIATOR ACCREDITATION POLICY
SMC has revised its Associate Mediator accreditation policy since 1 July 2015. Under the revised policy:
- Participants who complete SCMP Modules 1 and 2, and pass the Mediation Skills Assessment will not be automatically accredited as Associate Mediators on SMC's Panel of Associate Mediators
- Participants who pass the Mediation Skills Assessment can, however, have their skills formally recognised by applying to be Singapore International Mediation Institute (SIMI) Accredited Mediator Level 1. Visit: http://www.simi.org.sg/What-We-Offer/Mediators/SIMI-Credentialing-Scheme
Participants who completed Module 1 SCMP before 1 July 2015 are not affected by the revised policy.
PRODUCTIVITY AND INNOVATION CREDIT SCHEME (PIC)
Businesses may claim PIC benefits on costs incurred to provide training to employees for the purposes of trade and business. For more information, please visit the IRAS website, https://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/Schemes/Businesses/Productivity-and-Innovation-Credit-Scheme/.
SMC reserves the right to cancel a workshop and to change published details without prior notice.