Mediation provides a cost-effectiveness and efficient alternative for businesses in challenging situations. SMC aims to reach out to our end-users, the business community, to increase awareness of the alternative dispute resolution systems in Singapore, especially mediation and advocate its benefits as a strategic tool for growth.
29-30 Sep 2016: International Family Law Conference
Registration Fee (Inclusive of GST)
Family disputes are often symptomatic of larger and wider problems that have built up over time within the family and its community. Courts, tasked with their disputes, come into the frame of the lives of families at a critical juncture of their crisis.
This poses a crucial – and entirely unique - opportunity for intervention and assistance. Multi-disciplinary pathways and a facilitative eco-system are fundamental to the effectiveness of judicial decisions. At the same time, the context of a globalized world poses an increasingly difficult twist: disputes have become multi-cultural, multi-generational, multi-ethnic, and multi-jurisdictional.
This Conference brings together eminent speakers from the legal, psychological and social science sectors to examine how family justice systems around the world have met these challenges and to facilitate an international exchange of insights. The conversation will grapple with the demands of family justice into the future.
The plenary and workshop sessions for the Conference will include themes such as –
- The impact of globalisation on the international family justice landscape
- Family systems around the world and the challenges faced
- International Issues relating to separating couples and children
- The role of social science in family law
- Post-divorce interventions
- Developments in child protection and juvenile justice systems
- The future of family practice: the evolving role of the Family Lawyer and Ethics
SMC is a supporting organisation of the International Family Law Conference.